The governor Aratron hath in his power those things which he doth naturally, that is, after the same manner and subject as those things which in Astronomy are ascribed to the power of Saturn.
Those things which he doth of his own free will, are,
- That he can convert any thing into a stone in a moment, either animal or plant, retaining the same object to the sight.
- He converteth treasures into coles, and coles into treasure.
- He giveth familiars with a definite power.
- He teacheth Alchymy, Magick, and Physick.
- He reconcileth the subterranean spirits to men; maketh hairy men.
- He causeth one to bee invisible.
- The barren he maketh fruitful, and giveth long life.
He hath under him 49 Kings, 42 Princes, 35 Presidents, 28 Dukes, 21 Ministers, standing before him; 14 familiars, seven messengers: he commandeth 36000 legions of spirits; the number of a legion is 490.
Arbatel of Magic, Robert Turner translation
This olympian spirit is associated with the astrological body Saturn
Timeline of related events
1575Publication of the Arbatel of Magic (lists this olympian spirit)